What is a sensitivity reader?
A sensitivity reader is someone who reads for offensive content, misrepresentation, stereotypes, bias, lack of understanding, etc. They create a report for an author outlining the problems that they find in a piece of work and offer solutions in how to fix them.
The sensitivity reader is also educating the author along the way. By pointing out inaccuracies in the current manuscript, the reader trains the author how to be more inclusive in the future. Hopefully next time around they’ll catch what they missed this time.
If this is you, please apply!
- You want to make a difference in the world.
- You love to read.
- You have read both The Pawn and The Puppet, The Master and The Marionette, and The Puppeteer and The Poisoned Pawn.
- You belong to a marginalized group, have a disability, or mental illness.
- You have personal experiences to draw upon or relevant eduction
- Are upfront about what you find uncomfortable. Some content may be triggering. You mental health is important and not worth sacrificing. Ensure that you know your limits and have the proper resources and support to help you along the way.
- You want to read The Doll and The Domination before anyone else!
- You can read in a 2-3 week deadline!